Having spiders in your yard or garden can help keep other bugs at bay. However, finding the same spinners at home can be overwhelming. You are more likely to find spiders during autumn. As the temperatures drop, these arachnids look for look homes, and if you are not careful enough, you will soon find cobwebs everywhere. If you want to know about seasonal spider control, click here. For your help, we have enlisted a few tips to keep spiders at bay.
- Start with comprehensive cleaning. Being thorough with your home cleaning process is the first step. Remember that spiders are likely to look for crevices and corners, and therefore, it is best to use a powerful vacuum to clean everything. Also, ensure that you dispose of the vacuum bag efficiently as the eggs, if collected during the cleaning process, can hatch.
- Use sticky traps. Want to stop spiders from roaming around in the house? Visit the local supermarket or hardware store and get a few sticky traps. These can be easily placed in areas where spider movements are more common, and these eight-legged insects will get trapped. You can safely leave the spiders in the yard or a bushy area away from the house.
- Check your home for cracks and crevices. Spiders need to find cracks and crevices to get inside the house, and it is a good idea to check for possible openings. You can use caulking to seal such cracks. Make sure to check your attic and wooden structures.
- Cut down the bigger trees. Spiders are more likely to use plants and bushes as a means to get inside the house. Trim down the bigger trees that are touching the exteriors of your home. If you have leaf piles or wood stocked close to the house, get rid of the same. Like most other insects, spiders are attracted to light, which calls for minimizing the use of outdoor lights when not required.
- Call a pest control company. There is no alternative to professional pest control – Period. If you have seen a few spiders inside the house, the chances are high that the situation is worse than you think. Get a specialized pest control company to inspect your home, and they can make recommendations accordingly. There is no one-plan-for-all-homes approach anymore. You will have customized solutions, and the experts will also offer a warranty on the job.
Contact a pest control company immediately to schedule an inspection at your convenience.